Skip to main content

So why a Blog

Why not!  It looks to be becoming more and more popular, achievable and manageable for the likes of me.  Also, I'm in lockdown (like everyone else) and need to keep up with getting words down on to paper due to Uni being suspended and really need a hobby.  In reference to the latter, is this the one?  Finally, I am a 40 something year old, Glasgow Celtic fan who really has limited options to get my views, feelings and opinions out for some good old football chat! 

 

I’m a happily married man with 2 young girls.  Sincerely very lucky, but no scope for much football chat here.  I work in an industry where men are heavily outnumbered.  I’m cool with that, never been an issue.  Until such days like one a while ago where I needed to discuss matters around my club’s manager leaving for a club rich in cash only.  A club who play in a league dripping in finance, that has pretty much ruined football – in my opinion!  My colleague’s response in my desperation and stupidity to get some form of emotion and share tons of disapproval (putting it lightly) was just ‘So!’.  Should have known better!

 

Married life is good. I have absolutely no complaints, even though the cash flow is not going in the same direction that the younger carefree me used to send it.  I love my wife and 2 young girls to the moon and back (our wee saying).  It looks like the oldest at 6 years old may not take to football – ‘I’m a girly girl dad and a dancer ppffft’.  I say ‘may’, as I live in hope.  The youngest at 4 years old is thankfully staking a claim for the household’s very reasonably priced, 2nd season ticket.  Much to her Grandfathers pride too.  What a shame her claim and desperation to go more often has come under lockdown.  A time that I have no doubt, once resumed, will be the second greatest achievement in the club’s history.  A very close second to the world famous Lisbon Lions achievement. 

 

However, I do question numero duo’s desire could be the pull of chips, sweets, juice, Grandad, Uncles and hanging out with her big Cousin.  I assume much to his annoyance, as he really is getting into his football big time and doesn’t need his wee cousin to cramp his style.  What a time to start your Celtic supporting life, eh?  Not really the best time for your wee cousin to be asking about Spiderman or Hulk, just to sound cool and get in with you. 

 

I guess time will tell with her legitimate claims when we all get to see Celtic again, which I believe and have every faith will be just before the run in to seal 10 in a row.

 

Hope that’s not been too hard of a read.  Just wanted to use it as a springboard on to bigger and more interesting things.

 

Till the next time.  Hail! Hail!

M


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail!

Following yesterday’s defeat, I feel compelled to write in the hope of achieving some therapeutic benefits by getting some things out in the open that cannot be done with a tweet, what’s app or their likes.   Let’s start with yesterday’s 1-0 defeat on the 2 nd January.   A must win game to keep any hope of winning the league alive.   Yes, we started positively, playing better than what we have this season.   However, for all our possession, what did McGregor have to do after saving from Griffiths’ shot in 21 minutes?   Our final pass, through ball etc. from most players seems to undo the great work before.   Our final ball and overall delivery from set pieces are rarely effective.   Some players decisions to take an extra touch, not play teammates in or drift into a crowded area do nothing except allow the opposition to grow in confidence and gain strength that they can handle all that we have to offer.   Yes, you may say that this is down to the players once they go on to the pitch a

Iconic

As the beginning of the 2020/21 season approaches you must agree that this could very well be an iconic season.   A season’s achievements that would sit side by side with the many others throughout the club’s history.   For me, the club is steeped with many iconic figures, moments and a history that is the envy of many a football club the world over.   You may think I am biased, and probably I am.   Thankfully though, through the expansion of Social Media, the worldwide fan base that we have is clearly evidenced.   It is also magnified through the many tweets, posts, videos and pictures of supporters clubs, bars, homes, friends, and families all partying and celebrating the achievements past and present.     Brother Walfrid is in no doubt the first icon due to him being instrumental in the formation of the club in order to feed the poor and starving people of the East End of Glasgow and beyond.   The next is of course Jock Stein.   Former player and manager whose achievements need

Season Ticket Renewals

I decided not to go with this topic to early and tried to let the dust settle and see if in time, Celtic would come out with something that would offer some satisfaction regarding the season ticket renewals.   I like to think myself as being petty reasonable, but my take of the latest statement dated 23 rd June, only appears to raise more questions and further a belief that we as a support are taken for granted.     Please do not take this constructive criticism as me not getting behind the team.   Not the slightest.   I, like many others will support the team as much as I can, getting behind them and share in the glory and success.   What I cannot do, is sit back and accept decisions that appear to have no consideration for all of the support.   The statement states that the club has met with supporters and representatives of supporters group.   I do not know of one person within my Celtic network via friends, family, and associates or even through social media.   Can anyone say